Re: [MacPerl] Unix daemons in MacPerl (step two)

hello,

Isn't there another consideration?  MacPerl is not threaded, so even if the
process is "polite", it will tie up MacPerl while it is running.  I think to
have more than one MacPerl process, you need to have MacPerl running with a
different creator code.  I think Chris Nandor wrote a MacPerl cron script a
while back ... it might be instructive to see what strategy he used to get
around this limitation.

--
Enrique Terrazas, MD
<mailto:terrazas@labmed.ucsf.edu>