Re: [MacPerl] web publishing with perl

At 1:59 PM -0500 2/25/00, Karl Long wrote:
>Does anyone have any perl resources that help with the task of web publishing?
>I'm thinking of functionality similar to frontier but more perl like.
>I'm in the process of learning perl and think that to try and learn
>usertalk (frontiers language) would not be as useful to me as doing
>this in perl.
>The functionality I'm thinking of is template based publishing and
>also online like enableing users to contribute to pages, and
>messageboards.
>This is being done on a shoestring to create a macintosh community
>site around some specific apps.

You can find quite a lot of resources for doing all sorts of things with
Perl and MacPerl through http://www.macperl.com/, and http://www.perl.org/.
All the things you're talking about can be done in MacPerl, most of them
with modules available through CPAN.

You should search the archives of this list and the MacPerl-WebCGI list to
find out more about the difficulties there are with making CGI's in
MacPerl.

-Jeff Lowrey