Re: [MacPerl] A script, and a question.

At 11:19 AM -0800 2/23/00, Brian McNett wrote:
>>Macperl::DoAppleScript 'PPP disconnect';
>
>Alas, neither this, nor the Mac::Glue approach seems to work for me (and
>I'm probably doing the SAME thing wrong in both instances.
>
>I note that this is probably better as:
>
>MacPerl::DoAppleScript ('PPP disconnect');
>
>But that also doesn't work.
>
>I've never worked with scripting additions in AppleScript (having avoided
>AppleScript like the plague), so I'm clueless.

Try s/'PPP disconnect'/'RA disconnect'/;

They changed the commands in the newer ARA/OSes.  The old names are still
there,  but there's something different about them.  I *think* (too much
fuzzy memory, not enough backed up to email) that the 'ppp' commands don't
work if you're using Remote Acces, but do if you're using a third party PPP
solution (config PPP, etc.).

And the glue will only work if you've installed a glue for the Remote
Access Commands Scripting Addition.  This *should* have been done when you
installed glue, but it's not a bad idea to double check.

-Jeff Lowrey