[MacPerl] how to get VREF with macperl?

I hope someone can point me in the right direction with this.  I'm trying
to use the  FindFolder() function from Files.pm.  It requires as the first
param the Volume ref number you wish to serach on.  The only examples I
can fine use the kOnSystemDisk constant.  However I need to search on
whatever volume the user saves another file to.  I've looked through
Inside Macintosh and found the GetVRefNum () funtion, but can not find
that function documented in the perl toolbox modules.  What is the
prefered method of getting the volume ref number in macperl?

Thanks,

dave ackerman