Re: [MacPerl] Error installing Cpan.pm 1.54

On Sun, Apr 09, 2000 at 10:45:25PM -0500, Richard L. Grubb wrote:
} I was trying out cpan-mac and got the following message:
}
} >   There's a new CPAN.pm version (v1.54) available!
} >   You might want to try
} >     install Bundle::CPAN
} >     reload cpan
} >   without quitting the current session. It should be a seamless upgrade
} >   while we are running...
}
} So I typed the following and ended up with an error with the libnet bundle.
} What am I doing wrong, or what needs to be fixed?

As has been mentioned on this list before, and is documented in the
cpan-mac README I believe, you should *never* install a Bundle under
MacPerl.  (There may be some exceptions, but this isn't one of them.)
If you want to upgrade CPAN, the way to do it is to "install CPAN".

You best course now is to reinstall cpan-mac from Chris' installer.
File::Spec 0.8 doesn't work right under any Perl < 5.005, and MacPerl
is 5.004.

--
Paul Schinder
schinder@pobox.com