[MacPerl] A few silly questions

Hi there people

Sorry to bother you with this, but I'm somewhat inexperienced in using Perl
and there are two things that I want to be able to do but lack the knowledge
to perform.

1)  How do I make a Perl script execute itself regularly on a UNIX
server?...say if I wanted to have a script that sent me updates to a server
log via email regularly?  How do I make the script execute itself every few
hours or something like that?

2)  If I need to know the IP number of a visitor to my site, what do I do?
Say I wanted to have a user account and use cookies?  Any hints?

I'd really appreciate if you could help me out here.....any Perl gurus out
there eager to be of assistance?

Thanx!

Sveinbjorn Thordarson
Reykjavik, Iceland