[MacPerl] InternetConfig

I am not one to openly admit to having forgotten my password, but just as an
excercise, I know that it's stored within my InternetConfig Preferences.

Since I'm a programmer, I read in the ICProgKit, that to prevent idle snooping,
the password is a scrambled PString.  However, the scrambling algorithm is its
own inverse.

>From ICProgKit2.0.2:Prog_Docs.html

  for i in 1 .. length(str)
    str[i] := str[i] xor ($55 + i);
  end-for;

I can get the scrambled password like so:

#!perl -w

use Mac::InternetConfig;

my $i = 0;
my $scrambled = $InternetConfig{kICMailPassword()};

All I really need at this point is the scrambling algorithm re-written in Perl.
I'm almost there, but I'd like to see how a few others would do this.

--B

Brian McNett, Webmaster/MacPerl Guru