Re: [MacPerl] Off topic: PHP vs (Mac)Perl?

emm@cam.org (Emmanuel. M. Decarie) wrote:
>À (At) 09:14 -0400 17/04/00, Ross Karchner écrivait (wrote) :
>>I Hate to say this on a PERL list, But I really really really like PHP. The
>>Language tends to get a little PERL-like, but things like:
>
>Can you use both mod_perl and PHP?.

Yes, it's a common combo.

>Also, can you call Perl script from PHP? And are they any penalties if
>you call Perl scripts from PHP?

Yeah, you can do it:  http://www.php.net/manual/ref.exec.php
I bet it won't be very fast, just because it has to spawn the external program
and handle the output.  Remember that I don't use PHP, though, so you might not
want to take my word for it.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum