Re: [MacPerl] UNIX Perl Driving Me Mad

> You're not using AFS by any chance?  Or that loathesome automount stuff?

All UFS, and automountd is running but I am not sure how it impacts the
partition I am using as it is all one drive (i.e. all partitions, same
drive) Also auto_master does not reference the partition, and I am not using
/home. I don't think I am having problems with any other scripts that I can
tell.

Here's another funny bit--it works from the command line (i.e. perl -e
'print "OK!\n" if -e "timecard/2000.04.16"'), but doesn't work even when I
run the script from the command line. Can the file test operators be
overwritten or overloaded? The only module I use is Time::Local and Lib
directive.

BTW, the error message I get verifies that the $tc variable _is_
interpolating correctly, and there are no funny characters in it.

-K

"To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to
the dead."
    - Thomas Paine