Re: [MacPerl] Running files?

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query. Apparently there were two
ways to proceed: via "require" or via "do". I chose the latter. Now my
main program, "buildPages.pl", is very clean. It looks like something
this:

    # specify files and directories
    $class_db = 'myclass.txt';   # the basic tab delimited database
    $namelist = 'nameList.txt';   # constructed keys and other stuff
    $xlist = 'xList.txt';   # stuff to be excluded from the web pages

    $subroutinedir = ':Subroutines:';
    $webpagedir = ':Web Pages:';

    # construct pages
    do "${subroutinedir}createAddrPages.pl";
    do "${subroutinedir}createNamePages.pl";

This script creates a system of some 45+ web pages in a "Web Pages"
folder. The "Name Pages" files contain anchors that are either direct
"mailto" entries or links to appropriate points in the "Address Pages"
files.

Regards,

Vic