[MacPerl] Problems with line of unix file.

Hello,

I am making a script to process lines of a file coming from a linux and I don't get
him to recognize the end of line since it doesn't interpret it correctly and it
understands the whole file like an only one lines. Is it possible that the script
recognizes the unix end of line?. The skeleton of the script that I am using is the
following one.

open (ENTRADA , "filename.log");
open (SALIDA, ">>filename2.processed");

$l1 = <ENTRADA>;
while($l1 ne ""){
  #Process with l1
  print SALIDA ($linea);
  $l1 = <ENTRADA>;
}
close ENTRADA;

In the line "$l1=<ENTRADA>" it loads the whole file and like it is a big file, I have
memory problems and the process is slow.
Is there some solution?

Thank you for your time.

A greeting

Sergio Montoro
Sergio Montoro Rodriguez <montoro@sicon.net>
Dpto. Nuevos Productos.
SiCon. Sistemas Integrados de Conectividad.
Finlandia 21, Valencia E-46010
Spain
Tel +34 963 621 321  Fax +34 963 619 552
<sicon@sicon.net> <http://www.sicon.net>