Re: [MacPerl] Processes and time

At 13:42 +0200 5/29/2000, Thomas Wegner wrote:
>Now, you need the startup date/time. The current time is stored in the
>low-memory global variable 'Time'. This variable contains the seconds since
>midnight, Jan 1, 1904 (a longInt value). You will use the routine LMGetTime
>(see LowMem.pm) to get the value.

Noting that it is local time.

>With this information, you should be able to compute the date/time the
>process launched (this is left as an exercise to the reader :-) ).
>
>Best regards

The very careful reader will get the right answer if daylight saving time
has started or ended between machine startup and now.  I, on the other
hand, don't bother.

   --John [who left his Apple IIgs--which did auto DST long before Mac
did--off from mid-October until mid-April the following year, and found
that Apple had applied the spring ahead without the fall back (I was indeed
able to separate the DST effect from the machine's normal clock drift while
off)...not something to worry about]

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA