[MacPerl] Basic Question

I'm very new to MacPerl. I couldn't find an answer to my first
question in the electronic manual. I downloaded a script from a web
site which processes a data file to make a Palm file. I need to be
able to pass two arguments (file names) to the script. If I run the
script from the menu it produces an error because it did not have
those arguments). How do I pass those arguments?

I tried modifying the original script to work around the problem. I
found an example script which opened a choose file dialog. I tried
using that, and it appeared to work. The Palm file, however, appeared
to be incorrectly formatted. That brings up another question. Can the
difference in file systems make it mandatory to change the original
script to be compatible with the Mac for making a Palm file?

Thanks,
--
-- Chip <http://chipg.com>