Re: [MacPerl] Screen capture

>Op 22-09-2000 om 16:47 schreef jeff@firepower.jaral.org (Jeff Lowrey):
>
>> At 2:48 PM -0400 9/22/00, Adam Stern wrote:
>> >Dear Perl Enthusiasts,
>> >
>> >   How do I do a screen capture and save it as a pict file somewhere in a
>> >perl script?  (like apple-shift-3)  Is there a way to do it with
>> >applescript?
>>

>Again, QuicKeys could 'Select All', then 'copy' and U would have all
>the text(or objects) on your clipboard, regardless the app you are
>grabbing from.

Similarly you could include a KeyQuencer script within your MacPerl script
(kinda like you do with Applescript) that could do the capture using
KeyQuencer's 'CopyScreen' command. By default it copies to the clipboard
but it also allows for copying to a PICT file. You can specify that the
whole screen be copied or just the frontmost window, or have KeyQuencer
prompt you to make a rectangular selection with your mouse, or you can
include the specific rectangular coordinates in your code.

David Seay
http://www.mastercall.com/g-s/