Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl and OS X (yet again :-)

> >Also note: perl 5.6 comes with Mac OS X Beta, but there is no perldoc,
> >pod2man, etc.  Of course, there are no compilers or other build tools,
> >either (yet; I understand they will be made available).
>
> I wonder why. I see lots of pods and manpages about perl. The source code
> should be easy enough to compile. License issues?

  I think I lumped all non-runtime parts of perl into the developer tools
package, which means the rest is on the developer CD.  Presumably most users
will not be in the command line, much less using pod2man, and those that do
will likely have the developer CD.

	-Fred

Wilfredo Sánchez, wsanchez@apple.com
Open Source Engineering Lead
Apple Computer, Inc., Core Operating System Group
1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, CA 94086, 408.974-5174