Re: [MacPerl] Applescript and System

At 16:34 -0700 2000.09.28, jtownsen wrote:
>If you launch an application using System on a Win/UNIX box, the Perl script
>waits until the application quits before proceeding (vs exec). Does running
>an AppleScript from within Perl work in the same way? I.e. Does the Perl
>script wait until the AppleScript is done?

It depends on how you call it.  For example:

MacPerl::DoAppleScript(<<EOT);
tell application "My App"
	ignoring application responses
		some long event
	end ignoring
end tell
EOT

That should return immediately.  In Mac::Glue you can similarly do:

  use Mac::Glue;
  my $glue = new Mac::Glue 'My App'
  $glue->some_long_event(REPLY => 0);  # don't wait for reply

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/