Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl Questions...

On Sat, 5 Aug 2000 16:59:39 -0400 (EDT) Jerry LeVan <levan@eagle.eku.edu>
wrote:

[ . . . ]

>Is it true that if MacPerl is running and if you start the
>MacPerl tool that bad things will happen when you quit the tool?
>(Seems to be the case for me ;(

Looking through the installation notes for the newest MPW, I noticed it
requires StdCLib (and maybe a few other extensions), which you may not
have. Lack of (a recent version of?) these extensions can cause MPW to
crash, especially when quitting. Or so the readme says. I know
Codewarrior MPW was not stable without StdCLib, but I haven't had time to
explore beyond that.

>Is it possible to use the new fancy file selection dialogs?

(The carbon stuff has a new API, and Chris tells us that is one of the
topics in porting.)

Joel Rees