Re: [MacPerl] Newbie question

At 11:53 PM +0200 9/29/00, Tom Maas wrote:
>U can find out a little more on your local machine by checking the
>filetype, if it is being written the type changes to bsy*

Sorry.  This is only true under newer revs of the OS.  I believe, anything
newer than 8.6 has the bsy* types.  AFAIK, this is only true of the Finder,
as well, other apps do not necessarily make this file type change either.
Some Apps may have instituted this, but only if they've been revved since
the change was introduced.

-Jeff Lowrey

p.s. IMNSHO, you are only making yourself look bad by using 'U' and other
such destructions of the English language in such a public forum.  I
wouldn't hire you if I saw this type of language.  But that's maybe just
me.