Re: [MacPerl] No Tainting? / Embperl Port?

At 14:47 -0400 2000.10.04, Kevin Hemenway wrote:
> >>   a) Why can't I use -T on the shebang in MacPerl? (or,
> >>      if I can, what's my problem?
> >
> >Because of how MacPerl executes.  It effectively calls "perl yourscript".
> >If you do that in regular Unix perl, you will notice it will complain about
> >the -T being too late, too.
>
>Just to clarify - if I'm writing a CGI script, perl will take the command
>line from the shebang, so the "too late" won't show, correct?

For regular perl?  Yes.  For MacPerl?  No.  If you use the "CGI Script -
Taint Check" MacPerl extension to build your CGI Script, then it will do
taint checking.  Otherwise, it won't.

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/