Re: [MacPerl] Windows using? [off topic and loving it!]

Well, I can't believe that I'm contributing to this
off-topic... ummm... errr... topic, but I just had to
pitch in my two cents. I first got a three button
Logitech mouse because I kept switching back and forth
between my Sun workstation and my Mac running as an X
client. I just wasn't coordinated enough to toggle
between a three button mouse and a one button mouse
with keyboard modifiers 6-8 times a day. At first, I
only used the three button functionality for running X,
but eventually I started programming the extra buttons
for power user mode. Now, right click is generally the
same as Control-Click, which is contextual menus in the
Finder and many other applications (including VirtualPC).
The middle button is a Shift-Click that is "draw
constrained" in most of my graphics programs and "select
extend" in most of my non graphical programs. It's easy
to remember, reasonably intuitive, and I never seem to
Wrong-Click, and it actually does improve my performance.

The rest of my family only ever Left-Clicks, so they
effectively have the simplicity of a single button mouse.
I can't imagine ever going back to a single button. My
only frustration is that I can't program the middle button
on my Wintel computer to do something useful.

Just another testimonial for multi-button mice.
I now return you to your regularly scheduled topic...

jay