[MacPerl] calling xcmds/xcfns

I searched the archive for this topic but couldn't find anything revealing.

Although I know nothing much of Hypercard, it seems that function
names may consist of multiple words with whitespace in between, which
is a no-no in Perl.

E.g. I have an xcmd that has calls like

LAA open
LAA close
LAA convert,<Japanese string>

How can I use these calls from MacPerl? I tried underscores and
concatenating words togehter, but to no avail.
Is there a way to make MacPerl spell out the available calls in an xcfn/xcmd?
Are there any knew developments/insights on the memory leaks reported
in a couple of threads back in 1997 when calling xcmds/xcfns?

Thanks,

Peter

Please cc me since I am on the digest.

__Peter Hartmann ________