Re: [MacPerl] bug?

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:36:30 -0500, Chris Nandor wrote:

> thing is printed

>I am not sure what the bug is here.  What is this about "paste" and "copy"?

I think I do have a clue what this person is talking about. I, too, have
occasionally noticed that if you copy text from MacPerl's output window,
and paste it into a text editor, you mlay paste some slightly different
text than what's been printed out. Er... I'm not sure I can think of an
example. Let's try:

	($\, $,) = ("\n", "\t");
	for(32..126) {
	    print $_, chr;
	}

This should print a character table, for each character first the Ascii
code, then a tab, then the character, then a newline. But if you
copy/paste the text, the line for space (Ascii code 32) isn't
copied/pasted exactly. Er... yes: I get "32\n \n".

Yup, it is a bug. I'm not sure I really think it's that important... ;-)

--
	Bart.