Re: [FWP] TPJ One-Liner #39

trowton@broadcast.com  wrote;
>--(albeit with an extra white space at the end);
>--perl -ne'$,=$";print/(\b[A-Z]\w*)/g,""'
>
>Couldn't you just 'chomp' it?
>Or am I missing something?

First: Chomp only removes characters corrensponding to the current value of
$/. Which defaults to newline. So it wouldn't remove the extra space. Unless
you modified $/, which would add "lots" of code.

Second: You can't chomp the pattern match. You get this error message;
Can't modify pattern match in safe chop at -e line 1, at end of line

Third: You only want to strip the final white space on the last iteration,
not each and every pass. Once again you'd need extra code.

I'm quite sure it can be solved, but at the price of code bloat! :-)

==== Send email to <fwp-request@technofile.org> with message _body_