Re: [FWP] Puzzle - Temp file creation

>>>>> "Chaim" == Chaim Frenkel <chaimf@pobox.com> writes:

Chaim> I never realized that the automagic increment checked for a pattern. But
Chaim> why should it? Why not simply increment what it finds. Or perhaps anchor
Chaim> it at the back?

How do you increment "a+b"?

Or "0.0"?

And watch it... that second one is tricky.  Because ($n = "0.0")++
already has a meaning.  And if you make the rules about magic too
broad, they start encroaching on real things.

Email: <merlyn@stonehenge.com> Snail: (Call) PGP-Key: (finger merlyn@teleport.com)
Web: <A HREF="http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/">My Home Page!</A>
Quote: "I'm telling you, if I could have five lines in my .sig, I would!" -- me