Re: [FWP] Perl gender?

On Sun, 08 Aug 1999 16:19:51 -0700, you wrote:

>Do you think of Perl as male or female (and if it hasn't occurred to you
>before - as it hadn't to me - then you may deliver a snap
>judgement).  Ingenious justifications welcome.  I present some of my own
>below (and some of the most incendiary flame bait I've ever posted).

If memory serves, the in The Lord of the Rings, the Sun (capital S)
was female, and the Moon was male. Now, is Perl more the strong,
radiant brilliant star that spends warmth and life, or more the
variable, inconstant one?

And ships (e.g., Enterprise, Titanic) have always been "she".

Steady as she goes!

Take her to the Web, Mr Murdoch! Let's stretch her legs.

Marcel

==== Send email to <fwp-request@technofile.org> with message _body_