Re: [MacPerl-AnyPerl] Anything doin'?

Ob AnyPerl:

Does anyone have a Perl script for changing absolue symbolic links
(called aliases on mac) to their shortest relative equivalent?
Example:  Suppose I have an absolute alias (below in Unix writing):

   /home/brech/perl/folder/li ->  /home/brech/perl/data/file7

and want this changed to the relative

                              -> ../data/file7

with just as few ".."s as possible.  That would make it easy to tar
such a directory.  I'm sure I'm not the first one with this problem.
Sorry, I don't know how to write that in Mac-ish.  Maybe as follows.
  diskX:Christian:Perl:Folder:li  ->  diskX:Christian:Perl:Data:file7
But what about "..", the directory just above?

Thanks

	Christian Brechbuehler

	Communication Technology Laboratory, Image Science Group
	Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich