Re: [MacPerl-Modules] Mac::Glue gone beta

Hi!

Some notes on Mac_cpan and Mac::Glue:

1) the cpan utilities should all give some visible feedback, if they are
done. Sometimes there are large times before they are ready, so it would
be nice to actually see  that they are ready :-) - something like "xxx
installed ok" would be enough. Same with the glue scripts. Gives a bit
more safety with the tools.

2) Mac::Glue seems to need Storable, but that is not included in cpan or
Mac::Glue. You said that one only needs the cpan archive, but that is not
right.

3) When stuffit has unpacked a .tar.gz, installme.plx can't install this
folder because of the already converted line-endings

4) There should be a way to set the creator that the cpan tools use for
text files - you use MPS, I would prefer R*ch, others might be more
interested in the normal MCPL.

Beside all this: the stuff is really cool. Wheeeee. I didn't have time to
look at it earlier, but this rules!

bye, Georg

--
http://www.westfalen.de/hugo/