Re: [MacPerl-Porters] Configure.MPW now available in repackagedformat(s)

On Sat, 13 May 2000, Larry Moore wrote:

> At 21:23 -0700 11/05/2000, Prymmer/Kahn wrote:
[snip]

> >Please let me know if there were any troubles with those.  Thanks.
> >
> >Peter Prymmer
> >
>  (Much better, thanks.)

Glad to hear it.

> Configure.MPW
> # Checking tools and scripts for Configure.MPW...
> #OK.
> # Checking dmake utility for build of perl5...
> # dmake found as External_HD:MPW:Tools:dmake.
> #OK.
> # Checking patch utility for build of perl5...
> # patch found as External_HD:MPW:Tools:patch.
> #OK.
> # Checking for presence of optional MW tools for build of perl5...
> ### MWC68K not found.
> ### MWCPPC not found.
> ### MWLink68K not found.
> ### MWLinkPPC not found.
> # Checking for presence of optional MPW tools for build of perl5...
> # SC found as External_HD:MPW:Tools:SC.
> # MrC found as External_HD:MPW:Tools:MrC.
> # Link found as External_HD:MPW:Tools:Link.
> # ILink found as External_HD:MPW:Tools:ILink.
> #OK.
> # Will use MPW compilers and linkers.
> # Looking for MacPerl specific :folders:...
> # ::macos: found.
> ### ::db: not found.
> ### ::XL: not found.
> ### The following folders: were not found,
> ::db:
> ::XL: (they are in External_HD:MacPerl: - where were they expected to be?)

That is where they should be.  Are they finder links in your case or
actual folders?  In my case they were actual folders.

> # Do you wish to continue?
> # Checking ::MANIFEST for perl5...
> ### '::ext:DynaLoader:dl_aix.xs'
> ### '::ext:DynaLoader:dl_beos.xs'
> ### '::ext:DynaLoader:dl_dld.xs'
> ### '::ext:DynaLoader:dl_hpux.xs'
> ### '::ext:DynaLoader:dl_next.xs'
> ### '::ext:DynaLoader:dl_vmesa.xs'
> ### '::ext:DynaLoader:dl_vms.xs'
> ### Sorry files were missing from your kit, (removed)
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_aix.xs
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_beos.xs
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_dld.xs
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_hpux.xs
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_next.xs
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_vmesa.xs
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_vms.xs

No big deal.  You certainly do not need those files to build MacPerl,
however we have no provision for checking perl's MANIFEST file and
saying "we can ignore this" so the check is for _every_ file.

> # Do you wish to continue?
> # Examining MPW environment...
> # {MPW} found as External_HD:MPW:
> #OK. exists
> # {GUSI} found as External_HD:MacPerl:GUSI_206:
> #OK. exists
> # {SFIO} found as External_HD:MacPerl:Sfio_04Aug99:
> #OK. exists
> #OK.
> # Extracting ::macos:MacPerlConfig.mk with variable substitutions...
> # Rename ::macos:MacPerlConfig.mk ::macos:MacPerlConfig.mk.old.1
>
> # Hmm.. I noted the following while running:
> # If you have not already done so then apply the MacPerl patch with:
>
>     patch < MacPerl-patch-5.6.0
>

> # You must first take care of these missing pieces,
> ::db:
> ::XL:
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_aix.xs
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_beos.xs
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_dld.xs
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_hpux.xs
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_next.xs
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_vmesa.xs
> ::ext:DynaLoader:dl_vms.xs
> # you can then run the following command,
> # select the output and press Enter to execute the build:
>
>     dmake -n all
>
> # Leaving shell in :macos:

Thanks for the feedback - apart from the db and XL folders everything
looks good.

Peter Prymmer