Re: [MacPerl-Porters] i am back!

On Sat, 27 May 2000, Chris Nandor wrote:

> I am going to start some work on MacPerl 5.6 testing on Monday (Memorial
> Day).  Is there anything in specific that needs working on?  I plan on
> looking over Peter's notes about seek and his reports on failed tests.  Any
> test suites that still need to be run?

Plenty of work to do yet.  I hope to have a patch to Mac-ify the remaining
tests in :t:lib: soon then I'll move on to another folder (:t:op: remains
to be done and should prove worthwhile).  Do note that many tests that I
have proposed patches for are simply adding a C<push,@INC,'::lib:';> and
then letting the rest of the test succeed/fail/be-ignored as it sees
fit.  In other words we are still a ways away from a comprehensive list of
expected passes and expected failures.

Regarding the seek() issue, bear in mind that I have only miniperl as
built with MrC on a PPC.  A Codewarrior build might be worth looking at,
although I must admit that I really ought to do more extensive testing at
this time.

Peter Prymmer