[MacPerl-WebCGI] Odd error under LinuxOS

I'm getting a "Premature end of script headers" error when I shouldn't be

I've read the appropriate FAQs just to make sure I wasn't missing anything
obvious, I've set the permissions correctly, I've got the correct path to
the perl interpreter at the shebang line - I've also tried making sure that
this isn't due to some freaky EOL problem due to  the fact the script was
developed on a mac but housed on an intel-linux box. Any suggestions

It doesn't matter if I write the content type header manually or  use cgi.pm

#!/usr/bin/perl5 -w
use CGI;
my $query= new CGI;
print $query -> header;