[MacPerl] Millions of Questions from a Newbie

OK,

I got MacPerl 5.06.
I got MacHTTP 2.2.
I got MPCGI 0.6.

I also have AppleScript 1.1 and a thing called CGI OSAX.

I want to setup a web site. I read everywhere that I need Perl or CGI or
whatever to make scripts. I have experience writing HTML, and I am
testing the waters of CGI scripts.

So, if I set up MacHTTP, had an internet connection, got MacTCP, and was
all ready to go to have a form to gather information from a visitor to my
site what's the best program to use to gather the information?
AppleScript? MacPerl? I don't want to learn a language and realize I
should have learned the other one.

Also, what exactly *happens* when a script is run? In the HTML, the
ACTION is set to a CGI, correct? Does MacHTTP run the specified script?
Does MacPerl or AppleScript have to be running at the same time in order
for the script to run?

Please be patient with my questions, I'm very much a newbie to MacPerl.

Thanks,
Michael

                               -=Michael Hanna=-
                           zen@freenet.hamilton.on.ca
             http://www.freenet.hamilton.on.ca/~ad255/Profile.html
                         http://www2.apple.com/whymac/
  Be                                  Here                              Now