Re: [MacPerl] imagemap.pl

Dave,

I assume you're talking about the processing of image map requests. That
processing is handled by the web server; you don't need to write a perl
script to do that. On server platforms other than the Mac, the file that
associates incoming coordinates to URLs is called a .map file, and comes in
one of two formats: NCSA or CERN. I'm not sure how it's handled on the Mac,
but my recollection is that MacHTTP comes with map processing software.

The reason you don't want to do it in perl anyway is that URL shapes can be
arbitrary polygons; calculating coordinate enclosures is not something I'd
want to do in perl.

Hope this helps,

Jonah

--