Re: [MacPerl] imagemap.pl

Thank you, everybody, for your various versions of perl imagemap.

Jonah Benton <jonah@arcus.net> wrote:
>I assume you're talking about the processing of image map requests. That
>processing is handled by the web server; you don't need to write a perl
>script to do that. On server platforms other than the Mac, the file that
>associates incoming coordinates to URLs is called a .map file, and comes in
>one of two formats: NCSA or CERN. I'm not sure how it's handled on the Mac,
>but my recollection is that MacHTTP comes with map processing software.
>
>The reason you don't want to do it in perl anyway is that URL shapes can be
>arbitrary polygons; calculating coordinate enclosures is not something I'd
>want to do in perl.

Jonah -

I appreciate that you are trying to be helpful, but I already know about
.map files, imagemap.c, and server support of .map extensions. Not all
servers support the .map extension. Not all service providers allow users
to run their own c-code CGI's. My service provider's server doesn't support
.map files and only allows perl 5 CGI scripts which run in taint mode.
That's why I'm looking for a perl version of imagemap.

-Dave