Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl5 and libwww-perl-5b7

Alan Fry <ajf@afco.demon.co.uk> writes:
[snip]
} I had trouble however getting MacPerl to see the new library path -- and I
} don't really understand this. Putting the following path into MacPerl:
}
}        Powerbook:APPLICATIONS:MacPerl f:libwww-perl-5b6:lib:HTTP
}
} generates the error message "can't find HTTP/Date.pm", even though
} "Date.pm" is in HTTP, whilst:
}
}        Powerbook:APPLICATIONS:MacPerl f:libwww-perl-5b6:lib
}
} runs perfectly. Why is this I wonder?

Because it requires or uses HTTP::Date.  It looks for a file named
:HTTP:Date.pm (or HTTP/Date.pm in Unix speak) in its library path.  It
can't find it in HTTP, but it does in lib.  In other parts of LWP,
you'll see it require or use LWP::Protocol::http, for example.  Then it
looks for :LWP:Protocol:http.pm (or LWP/Protocol/http.pm).

}
} Alan
---
--------