Re: [MacPerl] Reading files into arrays (problem?)

At 9:58 3/20/96, Hal Wine wrote:
>That said, if you can figure out, or can decree, what format the line
>ends will be in, simply set the perl variable $/ to the correct value.

If it is believed that the file "should" contain line-broken text, one can
look through the early part of the file and make a pretty good guess as to
what it is.  Yes...one can be fooled by a Unix file which underlines some
part of the first line by doing a return, spacing over, and underscoring.

   --John

  --
   Each day is a gift.  That's why we call today "the present."
jwbaxter@olympus.net (John W. Baxter)  Port Ludlow, WA, USA