Re: [MacPerl] Applescript and AppleEvents from within MacPerl

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Bart Lateur wrote:

> If this is the case (or maybe in the future), how to make a module
> containing the commands for QXP? As a thought, it could be possible to use
> the "glue table" from Frontier for this. This scripting program contains a
> table with 685 entries, most of them 4 character constants, but also some
> 2-line scripts like the following:
>
>         on doupdates()
>                 return(appleEvent(QXP.id,'XPRS','XUPD'))
>

> Has anybody already done any work in this field? Is there an interest for
> this kind of stuff, or am I the only one?

More to the point, you could (I assume -- I'm not familiar with
AppleEvents) extract the complete AppleScript interface of an application
into a perl module, perhaps even with OO glue. Sounds delightful, though I
don't know whether it is feasible.