Re: [MacPerl] looping while putting things into an array and thenusing it...

At 23:42 96-05-01, Robert A. Decker wrote:

Please don't send Perl (as opposed to MacPerl) questions to this list.
General Perl questions should be directed to the newsgroup
comp.lang.perl.misc.  CGI related questions should go to one of the
comp.infosystems.* groups, as appropriate.

>  I assume that '@currentline[10] == $thisdateandtime' evaluates as true
>because I don't go into my else statement.

It doesn't evaluate as true -- your else clause line is going into the
bit bucket.  There is so much wrong with your code that point by point
analysis would take too much space.  There's much more wrong than
Matthias pointed out...

Look up in your book the difference between $array[0] and @array[0].
If it doesn't explain it, get a different book.  Also look up why after

    @array = <FILE>;
it doesn't make sense to use
    $line = <FILE>;

Just some hints....