Re: [MacPerl] MPW Perl 5 Tool ignores command-period

>Dear MacPerlers,
>
>I am not a newbie by any means, but I can't seem to fix this simple problem:
>
>Once I started using Perl 5 (MPW Tool) several months ago, I stopped being
>able to use Command-period to halt the program during console output.

You've committed the pardonable boo-boo of reporting a bug without enough
information about your environment.  None-the-less I'll make some wild
guesses:  I guess that you're using a 68K Mac and that Perl 5 is compiled
-model far for 68K Macs and that Perl isn't spinning the cursor much during
the time you can't stop it.  The MPW Shell can't stop a '-model far' tool
with cmd-period unless it spins the cursor or reads from a window (and
perhaps not even then).  This has been a problem ever since '-model far'
came along and seems unlikely to ever be fixed.  I don't know anything
about CFM68K tools (or even if such a thing even exists).  I think the only
solution is to get Perl to spin the cursor more during output.

I did check and Perl 4.1.8 is not '-model far' and Perl 5.0.7r1m is.

                 --scott