[MacPerl] droplets

>>A PERL droplet is an application. Macintosh applications effectively have
>>their datafork reserved. In particular, for PowerPC code in a native app.
>
>Complying to Apple's guidelines, that declare the data fork as "reserved" as
>opposed to "unused", is the best argument against this.
>
>However, I doubt it if the data fork will *ever* be used. Some people think
>that it might be used for PowerPC natvie code, but this sounds very
>illogical to me.

        Ummm... maybe I misunderstood your post, but PPC code on the MacOS
*is* stored in the data fork. Today. Like in every native app. Check for
yourself. 68K code is stored in 'CODE' resources.

        Mark

| Mark A. Aiken                      Macintosh wizard and shareware author|
| Undergrad, McGill U, Mtl, CANADA   marka@kagi.com / marka@ee.mcgill.ca  |
| WWW site of Macintosh shareware at http://www.kagi.com/authors/marka    |
| General WWW home page at           http://www.ee.mcgill.ca/~marka       |