Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl shared lib?

jerry@pwa.acusd.edu (Jerry Stratton) writes:
} >For BBEdit extensions, writing glue packages is IMHO preferrable.
}
} Are there any instructions or guidelines anywhere on writing glues? I'd
} like to be able to call Perl scripts directly from Cron; it requires
} accepting appleevents, much in the same way that web cgis on the Mac
} must accept appleevents. Since there is a Perl CGI glue, I suspect that
} a Cron glue isn't impossible :*)

You can already launch Perl scripts with a reasonable Macintosh cron,
like for example Mark Malson's.  I do this several times daily.
Malson's works by using an alias to the droplet in cron's folder with
the usual cron pattern for the time(s) of launch as a name, but all you
really have to do is tell the Finder to open the droplet at the time
you want and away you go.  (This is a useful Applescript trick: if the
application itself isn't scriptable, the Finder can always be told to
open one of the application's documents.) Surely the other Cron's can
do this?

}
} Jerry
} jerry@acusd.edu (Finger or Reply for PGP Public Key)
} http://nspace.cts.com/             finger or e-mail help@nspace.cts.com
} ------
} "The problem is that the only thing worse than Guns n' Roses is
} censorship."
}                       -- The Economist, 12/23/89
---
--------
Paul J. Schinder
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center,