[MacPerl] Why Cmd-R? (was: Re: Can't 'print;' with '<' (or '>')???

At 9:01 am 13/5/96, L. Carl Pedersen wrote:
>why does "Run Script..." deserve a command-key anyway?  i never seem to need
>it.  seems like i always either run a droplet, or open a script to edit/debug
>it.

Different people work different ways. I don't use droplets that much, and I
typically do my MacPerl editing in BBEdit. As a result, I tend to use the
Run Script command (and its associated command key) quite extensively, so
I'm glad it's there. I was also the person who nagged Matthias until he
made Syntax Check work the same way as Run Script, just so that I could
syntax check code I was writing for UNIX without having to first open each
script in MacPerl.

Remember, in Perl, There's More Than One Way To Do It.

        Angus "But not all of them are right" McIntyre

--
angus@fma.com  angus@pobox.com  http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~angus

                 FRENZY OF PSYCHO SURFER
                A snack -- then slaughter