Re: [MacPerl] Path divider character?

Hello !

Tim Judd wrote:

> I know the unix path separator char is a  /  character, and I know that
> most Mac apps use  :  as the separator, but what I'd like to know is to
> find the ABSOLUTE correct path separator..  it ain't a must..  but I
> really want a "it is this" as opposed to a "I think it's this"..  I think
> you get the idea..
>
> What is the path separator character in MacPerl?

 It is ':' ... anyone not sure about it ? Did I miss an update ?  ;-)

 Examples:

   chdir("programms:test area");   # relative path

   chdir("Macintosh HD:");         # absolute path to my hard disk

   chdir("::");                    # go up one level

   opendir(DIR,":");               # open the current directory

 Hope this helps, Eike

 Eike Grote, Theoretical Physics IV, University of Bayreuth, Germany
            email : eike.grote@theo.phy.uni-bayreuth.de