Re: [MacPerl] Path divider character?

Hello again !

Shawn Pearce wrote:

> At 1:50 PM 5/20/96, Eike Grote wrote:
> >
> > Examples:
> >
> >   chdir("programms:test area");   # relative path
>
> Shouldn't relative START with a ":"????

 I don't think so ... unfortunately my Mac is at home and I'm here at
 the university (w/o Macs :-( ), so I can't test it, but at the
 week-end I wrote a little program testing the 'Find' package. There
 I was wondering how to distinct relative and abolute paths and I
 found the way described in my former posting (as I remember ...).

 BTW, maybe it is not necessary to use a special pathname delimiter;
 I've written a script that traverses a directory tree and it does
 _not_ use 'Find' and it does _not_ check the platform and it
 runs on both MacOS (as a droplet) and UNIX (like a shell script)
 without any changes.

 Bye, Eike

 Eike Grote, Theoretical Physics IV, University of Bayreuth, Germany
            email : eike.grote@theo.phy.uni-bayreuth.de