[MacPerl] Netforum and MacPerl

Hi,

Have anybody on the list heard of and tried NetForum?

> NetForum is a Web based group communication and collaboration system
> provided by the University of Wisconsin Medical Informatics Group and the
> Biomedical Computing Group. Its features include:
>
> Hierarchical system based on forums, topics, messages and replies
> Easy to use non-technical interface
> Ability to send email directly to forum participants
> HTML checking/blocking
> Three formatting options: HTML, Preformatted text, and Translated text.
> Checks for validity of email addresses
> Ability to password-protect a whole forum, or password-protect the
> posting of topics within a forum
> Password-protected administration functions available through the Web
>
> Current version is 1.2.6 (http://www.biostat.wisc.edu/nf_home)

There is a v2.0beta available. It is completely programmed in perl and once
set up properly it is impressive. There is no Mac support provided, though.
Has anybody tried a Mac port to run with MacPerl/MacHTTP?

I am trying something but I think this one is too big a challenge for me :{

Comments?

Stef

                            jose.stephane@uqam.ca
                    http://www.er.uqam.ca/nobel/m206474/