Re: [MacPerl] HTML and Perl without HTTPd

>I'd like to do some cgi script development and debug on a single machine
>without running HTTPd.  That is, I'd like to send the form output to a Perl
>script using GET, which should put the query line in STDIN and have the
>script return its output to the HTML document without getting a server in
>between.  Is there any way to do this?

Everything I've done with CGI has only worked with a HTTP daemon running.
That doesn't mean you can run one locally (without a connection even).
Just download a HTTP daemon like MacHTTP2.2 or NetPresenz (from
http://www.macworld.com as a safe place) and start it up when you dial
in on a PPP session.

Or assign your MacTCP a bogus fixed IP address (with the network set
to ethernet or local talk) and launch the daemon without dialing in.

                                                        _   ^
Quote: "Error no keyboard -- Press F1 to Continue"     (o) (o)
Talk@ul8r,                           http://intersol.gncs.com/intersol/
                                     (919)302-8914
Will Snipes                          wbsnipes@nando.net