Re: [MacPerl] Follow up--dropping files on runtime

ldthoma@uswest.com writes:
>As requested, here is a summary of what I found out about drag and
>dropping files onto runtime applications.
>
>After receiving some insightful help from various folks, it does
>appear that the problem with runtimes that lose the ability to have
>files dropped on them is linked to the bundle bit.
[...]
>I am still vauge as to why this is the case and would appreciate some
>more insight into how this works.

I'm looking into this. At the moment, my money is on Tim Endres's suggestion
that the inited bit is to blame.

>Is there a more convenient way to get a new volume to recognize the
>runtime rather rebuilding the desktop.

There is a small utility called "SaveABndl" which will rebuild just the bundle
of an application dropped on it.

Matthias

-----
   "We realize that this means the destruction of solar systems, but
    consider the alternative."     -- Vernor Vinge _A Fire Upon the Deep_