[MacPerl] Suggestion for a MacPerl Extension

I am only an occasional Mac-Perl user who implements and tests Perl
scripts on the Mac, and then move them on a Unix server where there is an
operational HTTP server.

But I had the following question/idea:

Is it easy, possible, difficult, impossible, already done(?) to create a
MacPerl extension that would save Perl scripts as droplets, where the
output would be sent *directly* to my local Web browser, not through an
HTTP server?

In other words, I would like to do the following:

- drop some text (or a file) onto the droplet
- this text (or the content of the file, if I drop a file) would be
  the input of my droplet, as if received from an HTTP server
- the output of my script would be sent directly to my Web browser

This would be great to test Perl scripts designed for Web, as well as
running them locally on the Mac without using an HTTP server, instead of
saving the output to a file and open this file with a Web browser.

The glue should be in such a way that if I save my script as a cgi for a
Mac HTTP server, as text for a Unix HTTP server, or as a droplet, the
code would not be affected.

Maybe something could be done with AppleScript, but how fast would it be?

Any volunteer?
Thank-you.

Gaspard Gendreau, ESA-ESRIN ID/MM
via Galileo Galilei, 00044 Frascati, Italy
Tel. +39 (0)6 - 941 80 439
fax. +39 (0)6 - 941 80 432
Gaspard.Gendreau@esrin.esa.it