Re: [MacPerl] This beta be good: MacPerl 510b1r2 released

Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote a message received 22-JUL-1996 18:39:55.77:

>MacPerl 5.1.0 beta 1 is now available in:
>
>ftp://err.ethz.ch/pub/neeri/MacPerl/Beta/
>
>Mac_Perl_510b1r2_appl.sit.bin       The application distribution

This is the one I retreived

>I have switched to a new distribution building mechanism, so I
>might have severe omissions. Please inform me at once if you find
>one.

I found no :pod: folder nor any *.html files in the distribution at all
(I did see the lib:Pod: folder with the pod parsing modules). I could not find
any 'MacPerl Help' application in this distribution (?)

>The credits and release notes are not yet up to date.

Ah but I did note the MacPerl.packages file and this in README.Mac:

 - Made MakeMaker work on the Mac with lots of help and moral support from
   Andreas Koenig.

Congratulations!

Peter Prymmer
pvhp@lns62.lns.cornell.edu