[MacPerl] PCGI trouble

I've been trying to use a Perl5 script to process form input.  The script
uses the CGI and SMTP modules.  The script works fine in offline mode and
I've gotten
it to work on some servers.  When the script fails, the PCGI app cannot be
quit with the 'quit now' button, nor can it forced quit without seriously
upsetting other applications, nor does it quit on it's own.

The WWW server error says 'Error -1701 Getting CGIreply string (Requested
descriptor was not found (reply))'.   I'm using Mac_Perl_510b2r2 and
wondering
if anyone else has seen this kind of behavior??

John Whelan                 ImageLinc Commercial
em: johnw@imagelinc.com     Internet Services
fax: 206.812.1033           ph: 206.812.2662