Re: [MacPerl] Perl asynchrinosity and usefulness as CGI development platform

>Hello everyone!
>
>I fell in love with Perl awhile ago when doing a fairly simple CGI program
>for a website running on a Unix box (NCSA was the server, I believe)..
>What a wonderful programming language!
>
>Now, I have moved on to a Macintosh WebStar server (v1.2) and am
>reevaluating CGI technology.
>
>My question of the day:  How robust is MacPerl as an asynchronous CGI
>engine??  Can a MacPerl droplet(?) handle getting 20 requests shoved at it
>at once and deal with it in a mature appropriate fashion? :-)
>
>Thanks for your reply!
>
>--
>
>Reuben King <azzy@io.com>
><http://www.compdata.com/~reuben>       \\|//
>                                        (o o)
>=====================================ooO=(U)=Ooo====
>"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for
> the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
>    -- C.S. Lewis
>
>        !!! HARRY BROWNE FOR PRESIDENT '96 !!!
>        !!! http://www.HarryBrowne96.org/  !!!

If you really need multithreading you might want to look at Frontier at
http://www.scripting.com/ (also free).  I'm waiting for the OSA version of
MacPerl so that I can run it under Frontier and get my multithreading for
free.

Dick

--
Dick Munroe                             munroe@acornsw.com
Acorn Software                          (508) 568 1618 x1

Need a web site? a web server? other web service?  Contact us...